Monday, January 30, 2006

I approach this entry in a somewhat schizophrenic way

On the years we were born:
-I'm a tiger, she's a rabbit, and you're a rat. Tigers are the best; I eat you both.
--I eat your corpse when you're dead.
-True. *It's the circle of life...* and she starts singing the Lion King song.

Apparently Matilda has an unfortunate habit of severely injuring her father by accident; she hits him with her bag or something and things go wrong. (I don't know about you guys, but if I hit my parents I'd be grounded until I was 33. Thrown out of the family. Something. I'd not dare. It was like a month for saying 'shut up' when I was 13 and several weeks for putting a 'please do not disturb' sign on my door once when I had a migraine. Apparently that showed a bad attitude.) Once she picked up an abandoned syringe on the schoolgrounds and accidentally stabbed him with it. He had to go to the hospital for HIV tests and a tetanus shot and all sorts of things; am I sick for laughing hysterically at this? Something to remember every Father's Day...She was five years old, but still...and he was all nice about it, apparently, all like "You had the right idea in letting me know it was there..."

The girls had an interesting class; religions, maybe? In any case, the professor used a visualization exercise to demonstrate how it is easier to remember incongruencies and the odd.
First, you close your eyes. (This being university, most people obliged; partly because it's not high school students being all too cool, and partly because excuses to close one's eyes are welcome (though by no means required).) You are walking down a beach, you see a dolphin out swimming in the waves, the waves lapping at the beach, and a beautiful sunset.
Next one: You are walking down a beach, you see a dolphin building a sand castle, the waves are laughing, and before the sun sets, it says: (deep voice) "Goodnight, John; the day is done."
Apparently Spazz and Matilda got very odd looks for their hysterical laughter. In this case, I don't see why, although I generally understand their getting weird looks. Especially Spazz. Would you not laugh? I laughed when they told me.

I collapsed last week and had to leave class; well, sort of collapsed: blacked out for a bit, had to hold onto the desk, and couldn't quite walk. I've had a cold for nearly four (I think) weeks now, and a migraine added onto it didn't help much. I got one extension, thank all the PTB, but it has been a daft, useless, unproductively stressful while so there is no sleep tonight. I needs must catch up. I am still so out of it that caffeine only gives me twitches and no lucidity, but the twitches are funny. I stare in the mirror and laugh at myself. I am easily amused; more so than usual, these days.
I may be coming home this weekend, but don't expect to see anybody. Recuperation is the plan, but work in all probability what will happen.

Matilda is sick too; bronchitis maybe. It was quite the chorus, us, during the hockey game. Spazz was coughing because she thinks she might be getting sick. We cough so hard we cannot breathe; she coughed for company. She complains that she doesn't get sick enough, only thinks she will, so that it's terribly anti-climactic when she never does. Hatred. Hatred hatred.

We are doing "The Hunting of the Snark" in my Victorian Literature course now. I enjoy this.

I have recently discovered the Bound Journals section for linguistics in the library and, when I have no (pressing) work, it is like a kid in a candy shop, truly. I'm a nerd, I'm a nerd, I know, but it's fun.

I am tired and do not enjoy work right now; I wish I was a dolphin and could build sand castles all day. The day was done a long time ago, but I have readings and an assignment and a half to complete for tomorrow, so I'll be up for a while longer.
Goodnight, John.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tourmaline said...

Oh, pauvre bébé. I weep for you, the Walrus said, I deeply sympathise, holding his pocket handkerchief before his streaming eyes he carefully selected those of the largest size.

1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home