Sunday, April 02, 2006

esprit d'escalier

"reading dead languages does not necessarily refine one's sense of humour."
"it would not matter if these associated reflexes stopped at the mind, but they issue by way of the tongue, which is bad, or the pen, which is worse."
-
devising childishly shameful or shamefully childish mnemonics
"well, it might be something to do in winter evenings."
-
a well -punctuated death threat.
they don't laugh because they're all fu*king sore losers, the bastards! but we laugh! ha ha!
a bad habit, even for a fictional character
my pseudo-anecdote could go on...
-
when in doubt, mumble.
espressos help expression
he was so drunk and so coherant.
"a close study of the body and eyebrows and blinking frequency is the mirror to the soul."
-
it's true in my world, which, all things considered, has a fair bit of overlap with reality.
and after thinking far too much, I decided...
sometimes I worry that fake worlds are making me believe mine is insane
-
"but do blondes prefer gentlemen?"
(forgive the irrelevance)
but skittles are fruit!
-
Spazz has a SENS jersey now. She has named the face-logo on it Cromwell Quintilian (Crommy Quinty for short). Matilda and I objected on the grounds of ease of expression (hence the ekename) but then Spazz said "how often do you expect to be talking to it?"
I must confess that a valid point.
We'll let it pass.
-
-That's an odd cheese sauce.
--It's functional.
-Functional?
--It makes everything taste cheesy and it sticks the noodles together. What more do you want?

7 Comments:

Blogger Marsias said...

I come to your blog to salute you and so that we may commiserate over Tourmaline's blogging persuasions (which we both fell prey to). Unfortunately I think I have come at a bad time; your last post seems...indisposed.
¡Saludos!

5:42 PM  
Blogger Tourmaline said...

I love "a well-punctuated death threat" and "it's true in MY world"

Gotta skedaddle.

3:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

heh, I like the "when in doubt, mumble." it reminds me of what we learned about singing Ewe songs...if you're ever unsure of the words, just say "watermelon, canteloupe, watermelon, canteloupe" over and over again, and miraculously it looks like you know what you're doing.

5:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

and what's this about falling prey to Toumaline's blogging persuasions? I suppose that means my sphere of influence over you has weakened significantly, o you xanga deserters! T_T

5:58 PM  
Blogger Tourmaline said...

What can I say? Jelibeenz writes more regularly - but I write STORIES. And Blogspot is in some ways more inviting than Xanga.

7:54 PM  
Blogger Athaira said...

I do like this site better than xanga, I must confess.
knowing me, I'm sure this phase too will fade in time...then someone else will convince me to start another...then I'll stop, then start another...
it all comes in a circular sorta pattern.

8:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

butbut...xanga's got MUSIC!
haha. fine then. I do agree though that the commenting thing could be better on xanga. and you guys have "add link" things on the side of your page. but then we have subscriptions. I actually got a blogspot account a year or so ago...I just never did anything with it except comment on this site before it let "other" or "anonymous" leave comments.

11:18 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home