Saturday, April 08, 2006

r.i.p. unquiet fiend

Why do they call reading, writing and arithmetic the three R's?
They clearly haven't mastered the first two.
heh. Only the last: they got the 3 part right.
Such role models.

Came home, sat with the animals, had food (real food!), did the stupid dishes, took a bath, had a nice relaxing read of Proust, then passed out.
Apparently sleeping past 9:30 is terribly decadent.

Still very tired, and I won't tell their majesties how much sleep I had this week because they'd freak out at the lack. Any all-nighter at all they cannot understand, and they're still utterly convinced that it is perfectly reasonable to expect an university student to regularly sleep 8 hours a night. Ok, perhaps one who has mastered time-management might, or something, someone without much of a social life or one with late classes, but for those of us who require time spent working, and lots of it, need more than a lack of a social life to enable crazy studying and satisfactory marks.

So, I am home for t'weekend, bidding farwell to our precious unquient fiend. She is apparently going senile and had been terribly agitated of late, scared of nearly everything, creating untold chaos anytime left alone at night...I would object to choosing the cleanliness of a floor over the life of a pet most strenuously, only she is clearly fairly miserable much of the time, and she is very old, and sick, and I obviously have no say in the matter so there's no point in objecting and no point in hating over this as that just makes me sick to my stomach. So my baby's going to have the best weekend ever, and then...

I think I'll sleep downstairs tonight, with the unquiet fiend. Maybe watch the second hockey game while I'm there; the more reasons the better. My stutter and habit of trailing off in the middle of sentences is freaking my parents out and they're big on the nice comfy proper bed as early as possible thing.
Early to rise, early to bed
makes a girl healthy, wealthy, but dead.

1 Comments:

Blogger Tourmaline said...

So the unquiet fiend is no more?

Well, she had a very good life, methinks, and I will miss her dearly. I do not know if that is the right thing to say, but I am glad I will remember her as she was - crazy and rambunctious, and the thought never even entering my head that she was going on 11 years old.

Crazy little unquiet fiend.

4:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home